[Tu/Th] Creative Lab (1-3PM PST) --- Updated for Dec '17

Welcome to Creative Lab, run by musuney every Tuesday and Thursday.
Check out Krafty7’s thread for Monday/Wednesday Creative Lab here.

Creative Lab
Tuesdays and Thursdays
1:00pm - 3:00pm Pacific
Lead Counselor: musuney

All events and projects regarding the Tue/Thu Creative Lab sessions will be posted here!

Past Projects:

September '17: Theater Production

Creative Lab’s “Theater Production” focuses on a fun month-long project where we create an original show from scratch. This includes writing the script for our original story, building the sets for the stage, installing special effects, directing the scenes, and rehearsing dialogue. The end product will be presented on the last week of the month where Connected Camps’ counselors, volunteers, and junior volunteers will come to watch and enjoy the show!

Title: “A Tale of 5 Friends”
Showtime: September 26, 2017 (Tuesday) @ 2PM PST
Script: Link
Video Recording: Link

Stage Members:
WillJVNinja - Noob (understudy: RobertCraft17)
xboxnerd127 - Cat (understudy: RobertCraft17)
Meowie17 - Creeper (understudy: VictoriaOMG)
Gamemaster36016 - Evil Griefer (understudy: none), Evil Enderdragon (understudy: crystalblazer78)
CinderellaAurora - Misunderstood Wither
Alligator2359 - Trapped Stranger (understudy: musuney)

Behind-The-Curtain Members:
indigoalex - Narrator, Stage Technician
musuney - Lighting & Special FX Technician
Gamemaster36016 - Audio Technician

Scriptwriters:
indigoalex, musuney

Stage builders:
WillJVNinja, Xboxnerd127, Meowie17, VictoriaOMG, Alligator2359, blutooththatmic, indigoalex

Confirmed Ticket-holders (audience):
GregTheMob, greekgeeksam, xDarkDiamond, DarkKillerM, Charles Falan

October '17: Spooky Adventure Map

October’s project: Fright Festival

Creative Lab’s “Fright Festival” is a month-long project where we create an open world Halloween-themed adventure map! We can fill it with a spooky playable story, trick-or-treating races, or even maybe film the entire experience and treat the adventure story as a movie!

This is where we will discuss our plans, ideas and progress for our Fright Festival!

Tentative Story:
Player gets invited to a party, tries to go inside but find out that he’s actually alone. Door shuts behind you. You head for the emerald and fall into the dungeon. . Try to find a way out (will find armor) from the dungeon. Will eventually need to decide between two choices, one will lead to a good ending, the other will lead to a bad ending.

Good ending ideas:
Find a button, leads to a whole different environment = Trick or Treating area. You’ll be collecting stuff in the trick or treating area and that will trigger a boss fight.

Bad ending:
Just a jumpscare and ends.

November '17: City Build

N/A

P.S. If you have trouble posting on the forum, contact support or send musuney a message by clicking on that link and clicking on the Message button.

December 2017: A Christmas Disaster

Creative Lab’s “Theater Production” focuses on a fun month-long project where we create an original show from scratch. This includes writing the script for our original story, building the sets for the stage, installing special effects, directing the scenes, and rehearsing dialogue. The end product will be presented on the last week of September where Connected Camps’ counselors, volunteers, and junior volunteers will come to watch and enjoy the show!

Title: “A Christmas Disaster”
Showtime: TBA
Script: N/A
Video Recording: N/A

Stage Members:
Gavnb123 - Santa
Elizabeth543412 - Mrs. Clause / The Nutcracker
VictoriaOMG - Rudolph The Reindeer
GoldenEagle007 - Reindeer
WillJVNinja - Frosty the Snowman
Gamemaster36016 - The Grinch
indigoalex - The Grinch Mastermind
Shock_spid3r - Elves on the Shelf
Girlygamer813 - Elves on the Shelf
Slugboxer - Elves on the Shelf

Behind-The-Curtain Members:
Xboxnerd127 - Narrator
musuney - Lighting Technician
RyuSuperhero - SFX Technician
VIVIDfiasco - Audio Technician
indigoalex - Costume Designer

Scriptwriters:
musuney, VIVIDfiasco

Concept Designers:
Elizabeth543412, WillJVNinja, Slugboxer, indigoalex, Gamemaster36016, RyuSuperhero, gavynb123

Confirmed Ticket-holders (audience):
ExtraFancyRice, DarkKillerM, VIVIDfiasco, musuney

[M/W] Creative Lab

This is going to be cool.

Yeah, I’m excited for it! We still need to come up with actual lines and dialogue. I thought maybe we could come up with them during off-hours here on the forum.

What day will we be on the theater and what time so i dont miss it.

Our rehearsals are this week Tuesday & Thursday 1-3PM PST!
And the final show’s gonna be on Tuesday 1-3PM PST. :smiley:

It’s really just during the Tuesday and Thursday Creative Lab.

So itll be on tuesday?

When the trapped stranger says Whoa who are you people then i say im a noob do you think it should be changed?

Actually you’re right, it sounds kind of iffy. I’m wondering what would be a good line to change it to… Any ideas?

Yeah it does also, I do also wonder about a new line for that its going to be little tricky to figure out becuse the noob dosnt have a actual name.

Do you think we should name the noob?

It might be too late to name the noob. But we could probably do…

Trapped Stranger: Whoa, who are you people?
Noob: We got trapped in this world by the evil griefer, these are my friends.
Trapped Stanger: Oh! I was trapped in this world by the evil griefer too! It’s been a while since I saw people!

How does that sound?

Sounds great! I think this is really good!

Also whos the trapped strangers wolf since its on stage members?

I think we might just not have the wolf. xD We couldn’t get them in during rehearsals.

Ok i just wanted to know

The map is going to be cool :slight_smile:

In the pathway area maybe we can have 3 pathways and the third one goes into lava :slight_smile:

hi lets talk about the map so we can sorta know hwta might happen :slight_smile:

So what will happen in the trick or treat or any ideas of the ending of the map?

/summon minecraft:zombie_villager ~ ~1 ~ {Health:170,Attributes:[{Name:“generic.followRange”,Base:36},{Name:“generic.knockbackResistance”,Base:0.14f},{Name:“generic.movementSpeed”,Base:0.7f},{Name:“generic.attackDamage”,Base:8},{Name:“zombie.spawnReinforcements”,Base:0.74f}],IsBaby:0,CanBreakDoors:1,HandItems:[{id:“minecraft:diamond_sword”,tag:{display:{Name:“Illusioners wand”,Lore:[“This wand looks like a sword but is a magic wand in disguise…”]},ench:[{id:16,lvl:5},{id:19,lvl:2},{id:20,lvl:2},{id:22,lvl:3}]},Count:1},{id:“minecraft:shield”,tag:{display:{Name:“Illusioners shield”},ench:[{id:0,lvl:4},{id:2,lvl:4},{id:4,lvl:4},{id:16,lvl:5},{id:20,lvl:2}]},Count:1}],HandDropChances:[0.66F,0.69F],ArmorItems:[{tag:{display:{Name:“Illusioners boots”},ench:[{id:0,lvl:4},{id:1,lvl:4},{id:2,lvl:4},{id:3,lvl:4},{id:4,lvl:4},{id:7,lvl:3},{id:8,lvl:3},{id:34,lvl:3}]},Count:1,id:“minecraft:diamond_boots”},{tag:{display:{Name:“Illusioners leggings”},ench:[{id:0,lvl:4},{id:1,lvl:4},{id:4,lvl:4},{id:7,lvl:3},{id:70,lvl:1}]},Count:1,id:“minecraft:diamond_leggings”},{tag:{display:{Name:“Illusioners chestplate”},ench:[{id:0,lvl:4},{id:1,lvl:4},{id:4,lvl:4},{id:7,lvl:3},{id:10,lvl:1}]},Count:1,id:“minecraft:diamond_chestplate”},{id:“minecraft:skull”,Damage:3,tag:{SkullOwner:MHF_Villager,display:{Name:“Illusioners head”,Lore:[“You must be brave to have this…”,“Keep it away from the wrong hands or the Illusioner might be back.”]}},Count:1}],ArmorDropChances:[0.66F,0.68F,0.67F,2F],ActiveEffects:[{Id:10,Amplifier:0,Duration:2147483647},{Id:24,Amplifier:0,Duration:2147483647}]}
Command for Minecraft 1.11

Back to Connected Camps Homepage