Commonly Asked Questions

Here are a few common FAQ’s to get everyone started:

What is Connected Camps Kid Club server?
Kids ages 8-15 will learn with expert counselors and other kids in a safe, moderated, multiplayer environment. Register to play on our moderated servers accessed in the comfort of your own home at your own pace.

How can I join the Kid Club server after I’ve registered?
After you register for the camp you will be sent 2 emails. The first email will be sent immediately after registering confirming your registration. A second an email will be sent within 1-2 days that includes server information and how to join.

Why do you need my credit card to verify my kid’s account?
In order to keep our community safe, and to comply with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), kids younger than 13 years old must have parents’ permission to join our Minecraft servers. There are only a few approved ways we can obtain parental consent according to these regulations & the quickest way to do that is to verify your identity using a credit card.

We will ping your card with a temporary charge of no more than $1.00 that will drop off your credit card within a week.

Is there a minimum age requirement?
Yes, for Connected Camps Minecraft Club and Coding Camps the minimum age is 8. If you are a high school student, we also have volunteer opportunities available.

Does a Minecraft account come with my purchase?
No, you will need to purchase your own Minecraft account for a PC/Mac computer. You can purchase an account here: http://minecraft.net

During the camp, what time will the servers be open?
The servers will be open during all scheduled events which can be found here.

What equipment do I need to participate?
All you need is a computer and a Minecraft account for a PC/Mac computer plus a stable broadband internet connection. Please note that the tablet, game console and pocket editions will not work for this program.

What will my kid learn in the free club?
Your kid will learn to build and explore an interactive world where your imagination is the only limit. They’ll also learn to strategize, connect with other players, set goals, plan ahead for upcoming challenges and work together with others to complete challenges.

What makes this different from other Minecraft camps?
Our offering is purely virtual which is very unique: you can attend camp from anywhere!
We offer a various summer camps ranging from engineering, to coding, to game design!
Dedicated facilitation by staff directors and counselors

How do you address privacy and security on your servers?
We won’t ask for any personal information beyond what you’ve already provided upon camp sign up. However please keep in mind that although we will encourage campers to keep personal information private, we cannot prevent kids from sharing with one another online.

What happens if I have a question or get stuck in the game?
Minecraft is a game based on community. Others players in the game can help you overcome challenges.
We will also have pre-determined hours on the server where camp counselors will be available to answer any questions as well.
To see which counselors are currently online type in: /list
You can message a counselor by typing in: /w
You can also reach out to fellow Minecrafters on our forums: forums.connectedcamps.com

What is the refund policy?
You are entitled to a full refund of your enrollment fees (i) for our camps, by notifying Connected Camps no later than 15 business days prior to the start date and (ii) for our events, by notifying Connected Camps no later than 48 hours prior to the start time of the event. A refund will not be granted f your child is banned from the server due to a breach of our Code of Conduct https://connectedcamps.com/code-of-conduct/. For more details, see our Terms of Service https://connectedcamps.com/terms-of-service/.

Can’t find an answer to my question, what do I do?
If you cannot find an answer to your question on our FAQ go ahead and post a comment here. We’ll be sure to get you an answer!

Back to Connected Camps Homepage